Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I am a Red Hot Baby Orchid

Ahhh.  It may sound like the title of a new Gwen Stefani song, but it conjures visions of the swank luxury of a 5 star suite, or a red Lamborgaini as it creeps out of the million dollar homes in LA.

Needless to say, this little plant packs a punch. I am self-admittedly not a flower person, nor do I enjoy gardening or anything like that (although  I do like fresh fruit), but this is a plant that I would buy and proudly showcase on the end-table in my living room.   

You may ask why.


  • It looks really cool
  • It has a green powder type of base that I find strangely attractive
  • It looks vaugley like a duck, and I used to raise ducks one winter with some friends in Minneapolis when they had nowhere else to go. 
Bottom line though – a very cool and sexy plant, for both guys and girls – it make me want to go see that movie The Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment