Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Deluxe Valet - $99.95

1294 minutes... and counting.

That is my best estimate for time wasted this year trying to find my iPod, wallet, keys, company badge, and my ever-growing hand-written list of to-do's. In all disclosure, a lot of those minutes were racked-up while trying to find my watch, which was given to me by my wife the day of our wedding. I did find it - in the trunk of my car behind some old golf shoes.

Habitually I misplace stuff. Sometimes I throw stuff into the "junk drawer". Other times, I put my gear on the kitchen table. Still yet other times, I throw stuff into the refrigerator and washing machine - I must be really sleep deprived. My lack of organization is causing a lot of consternation, wasted time, and effort on trying to locate my basic everyday stuff.

Enter potential solutions:


Hire a Butler
I've thought about hiring a butler, but that seems too formal and costs too much money. Plus I don't have a castle, I'm not a Windsor, I didn't marry a princess... you get the idea.

However, if you do want to get a butler, click here





Get a Trapper Keeper
I used one of these handy-dandy organizers in grade school and it did work wonders for a while. First introduced in 1978, the trapper keeper scored big with teens. It stores a surprising amount of stuff, despite it's small dimensions. However, carrying this around for general organization probably won't work. Plus you'll lose a lot of cool points at the bar carrying around this vintage organization system. Or maybe you'll be a hit...

You can still buy these things here


Get a Valet
Here's a pretty sweet deal from RedEnvelope. $20 off their deluxe valet. Holds all of your gear in one stylish container. I like the iPod charger area.

Plus, the valet, which retails for $99 will cost a lot less than hiring Jeeves to keep track of your stuff. It is more expensive than a Trapper Keeper, but it is more stylish. Plus, in the final analysis, I'd pay a lot more for something like this if I could cut down on all of the time I spend trying to find my gear.



Crap, where did I place my tax documents, grocery list, intellectual property patents, business cards, etc... To get a valet, then click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment