Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ballpark Pens - $179.95

If I close my eyes long enough, I can see it now - My Grandpa is sitting back in his chair, barely coherent to his surroundings, totally absorbed in the baseball game happening on the TV in front of him. His Red Sox hat on, he barely moves an inch for three hours, his only signs of consciousness an occasional grumble, and the constant self-talk about his teams’ performance. Now, I can’t remember much from when I was 7 years old, but I’ll never forget those games. Or the games my Dad used to take me and my brothers to all the time in Cincinnati.

The point is – there are very few great American traditions like the game of baseball. And old or young, people all over America have some of their fondest memories watching their team play in one stadium or another.

Many of these stadiums (i.e. Fenway Park) live in infamy for many of these fans. And even though they eventually get leveled and replaced by newer, more contemporary stadiums, their spirit lives on, thanks to Someone’s genius idea of making pens, cufflinks, and necklaces out of the seats and material of these great American icons.

For the rabid fan in your life - these make great gifts. Red Envelope carries the pens here, as well as the cufflinks and the necklaces below.

No comments:

Post a Comment